Post Title : Manager/ Deputy Manager (Civil)
SS Power I Ltd., a joint venture company (JVC) between S. Alam Group of Bangladesh and Chinese companies, SEPCOIII Electric Power Construction Co., Limited and HTG Development Group Co., Limited is one of the largest investments ever in the power sector of Bangladesh by any private company with the intent of providing sustainable and reliable power supply to the country to attain self-sufficiency and meet its developmental needs. SS Power I Ltd. is currently executing the 2 x 660 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Thermal Power Plant at Banskhali near Chittagong on a Build, Own and Operate Model. To meet its immediate needs, SS Power I Ltd is looking for professionals.
Head Office: Unique Heights, 117 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kakrail, Ramna, Dhaka.
Discipline: Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputed University / Institution.
Minimum 10 - 12 year(s) in experience in civil works execution for Coal fired / Combined Cycle Power Plants. Experience is desired from start to completion of at least 1 unit of 300 MW for Combined Cycle Power Plant, or 1 unit of 500 MW plus capacity for Coal Fired Thermal Power Plant.
Experience is essential in the field of Civil Project Execution, Project Monitoring, handling EPC Contractor, Quality Assurance & EHS Management Experience on Civil Architecture Execution of Civil & Steel Structures, Civil Infrastructure, Foundations, Buildings and Marine installations, Certification of EPC Billing(civil) for Power Plants (including jetty and breakwaters / Process Industry / Heavy Industry.
However, all things being equal, preference shall be given to candidates with Power Plant experience in a regular position in a reputed owner company or in an EPC Company.
Experience level may be relaxed for outstanding candidates.
Attributes: Should be technically and conceptually strong, dynamic, self-driven and with a positive attitude. Good written and spoken communication skills is an essential job requirement.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of Lead civil Engineer and also work and manage the civil works towards successful implementation of the project. Will be responsible to the Site Project Manager for all civil functions at site.
- Ensure required Quality and completeness of deliverables while delivering output.
- Shall be familiar with the civil infrastructure works, sub-surface as well as superstructure works, water retaining structures, buildings, ash-pond construction, steel and RCC structures.
- Shall be conversant with the prevalent building codes & codes related to other civil constructions.
- Shall be familiar with civil works related to tall structures such as chimneys for power plants.
- Shall be conversant in civil construction works for marine structures such as jetties, intake systems, outfalls, and breakwaters systems.
- Shall be able to prepare work estimates, bill of quantities, certify work bills of EPC & other Contractors for different civil works, especially for piling works, excavations, concreting requirement, buildings, roads & drains and other civil works.
- Shall be able to take decisions on civil quality aspects during construction stage of project and should be familiar with relevant quality standards, codes and Management System.
- Shall have worked on general layouts of plant from civil aspects.
- Making sure that deliverables meet the technical requirements, legal framework, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements.
- To take decisions on civil works related design changes in discussion with the Site Project Manager.
Salary: SS Power I Ltd. offers attractive salary and perks in line with experience and as per Industry standards.
All applications to be sent through e-mail: email@example.com