Post Title : Manager/ Deputy Manager (Mechanical)
SS Power I Ltd., a joint venture company (JVC) between S. Alam Group of Bangladesh and Chinese companies, SEPCOIII Electric Power Construction Co., Limited and HTG Development Group Co., Limited is one of the largest investments ever in the power sector of Bangladesh by any private company with the intent of providing sustainable and reliable power supply to the country to attain self-sufficiency and meet its developmental needs. SS Power I Ltd. is currently executing the 2 x 660 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Thermal Power Plant at Banshkhali near Chittagong on a Build, Own and Operate Model. To meet its immediate needs, SS Power I Ltd is looking for professionals.
Head Office: Unique Heights, 117 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Kakrail, Ramna, Dhaka.
Discipline: B. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed University / Institution.
Experience: Minimum 10-12 year(s) in experience in Power Plants of at least 2 units of 300 MW each or 1 unit of 500 MW plus capacity in the field of Design / Engineering / Execution / O&M.
Preference shall be given to candidates with Coal fired Power Plants.
Experience level may be relaxed for outstanding candidates.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Lead, supervise and manage the mechanical engineering team for the successful implementation of the project.
- Quality in carrying out the works and ensuring timely delivery of milestones.
- Manage and lead the mechanical engineering aspects and also the field engineering services, coordinate assignments, and handling multiple tasks concurrently, including techno-commercial analysis and justifications, preparing scope of works, RFP's, bid evaluation, assisting with contract development and execution.
- Making sure that project meets technical standards, legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements.
- Working closely on construction plans with Site team, Owner’s Engineer, EPC Contractors and other professionals. Coordinating with the site execution teams for proper deliverables.
- Works related to the area of Boiler and Auxiliaries, Turbine, Generator and Auxiliaries, Power cycle piping, Electrostatic precipitators, FGD system, BTG layouts and mill rejection system, Coal Handling plant, ash handling plant, Fire fighting system, HVAC, Circulating air system, Yard piping, fuel oil system, H2/Cl2 systems, CW piping, water treatment plant, RO plant, waste water system, corrosion control, CPU etc.
- Perform system analysis and studies for mechanical systems.
- Develop test requirements following International & Local standards and assist in mechanical equipment checkout and startup.
- Review and approval of concept notes, basic engineering, P&I D’s, General Arrangement drawings, calculations, data sheets, materials of construction, check and approval of all assigned project mechanical installation design & drawings for compliance with all company and project instructions of vendor submittals for installation requirements.
- Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements.
- Coordination with Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, and Safety to recommend, plan, and implement engineering solutions to improve plant safety, reliability, and performance.
- Performs detailed inspections of plant mechanical equipment during scheduled unit outages.
- Reviews and update mechanical drawings and schematics, and all deliverables received for ensuring accuracy and maintaining a proper document management system.
- Direct other staff or contractors as appropriate to assist with troubleshooting or implementation of any design changes or variations.
Salary: SS Power I Ltd. offers attractive salary and perks in line with experience and as per Industry standards.
All applications to be sent through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org