World Vision Bangladesh is an established international Christian humanitarian development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their fullest potential by tackling the causes of poverty & injustice. It serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender or ability. We invite applications from qualified candidates for the following position:-
Director - External Relations & Engagement: (Grade: L18)
This is a critical role within World Vision Bangladesh and this will require ensuring that stakeholder engagement among a wide external audience, contributes to the effective program implementation and enhanced program quality, ensuring WV’s Vision, Mission and Core Values remain true. The position will be a key player and actively support the Group Director- Program Support Services in cultivating WV Bangladesh’s Christian identity and corporate culture of prayer, commitment and community. The position will provide leadership in the area of strategic engagement with institutions/ bodies ranging from government/ regulatory bodies, FBOs/ NGOs/ INGOs/ multinational/trans-national Companies, Print/electronic media, and civil society organizations. The position will provide leadership in ensuring the WV Bangladesh enhances its public visibility, reputation and brand name recognition. Director- External Relations & Engagement will bring together and will develop appropriate strategies for several key support functions including Media Relations, FBO Relations, Government Relations, and Guest & Event Management keeping consistent with the Partnership and Regional Policies, Guidelines and Objectives.
Other duties will include:-
- To promote the credibility and reputation of WV Bangladesh by raising awareness and understanding of WV’s mission and vision;
- To establish, maintain and strengthen relationships and influence decisions of key policy makers and external partners in Bangladesh;
- To strengthen our stand and voice in the NGO industry, Donor’s community, Civil Society and major players in the private sector
- To provide necessary supports to the External Relations & Engagement Team members in unleashing their potential and ensure proper integration for effective ministry delivery.
The selected candidates will be based in the National Office of World Vision Bangladesh, in Dhaka.
- Post Graduation degree from a recognized university preferably in Development Studies/ Business Administration/ Economics/Marketing/ International Relations or in similar field.
- Professional background in external Relations & Engagement and/or other relevant development fields.
- Strong understanding of NGO industry, Donor’s community, Civil Society and private sector.
- Effective relationship with government/regulatory bodies, FBOs/NGOs/INGOs/multinational/trans-national Companies, Print/electronic media, civil society organizations etc.
- Excellent interpersonal & networking skills, strong written & oral communication skill in Bangla & English.
- Standard proficiency in computer literacy (MS programming’s, emailing, internet operation etc.)
- At least 7 years relevant experience in similar field in management level in an international organization preferably in NGO context.
- Experience in developing people in a cross-cultural setting and initiate & implement organizational change at leadership level.
- Demonstrated facilitation & collaboration skills.
- Salary for the position will commensurate with qualification and experience.
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification.
- Mention your contact number and / or e-mail address in your CV.
- Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Being a child-focused Organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy.
To apply, please send completed Job Application Form of World Vision Bangladesh to: email@example.com by September 16, 2012. The Job Application Form can be downloaded from this link. The covering letter and CV must be in Word or PDF format and file size must be less than 1 MB.