Truvalu.enterprises Limited is a Netherlands based impact-investment company engaged in developing agri SMEs through equity investment and advisory services. Truvalu employs a unique `Co-entrepreneurship` model that strives to improve economic viability of agri SMEs through technical assistance, training, and the use of financial services. Through a tailor-made set of business development services and investments, companies are grown to full business maturity to increase overall social impact.
Truvalu is currently looking for a Business Acceleration Expert (BAE) to form a part of the core investment team with the task of analyzing agri SMEs all across Bangladesh for equity investment by Truvalu. Business Acceleration Experts work closely with entrepreneurs and is therefore a key part of the Truvalu local and global team. They are expected to deal with multiple stakeholders including donor partners, network partners, investors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and global and local
Position: Business Acceleration Expert (BAE)
|Directly Reports to
||Business Development Manager (BDM) in Bangladesh
|Salary & Benefits
||Competitive salary package based on competency and experience
||Based in Dhaka but travelling outside Dhaka will be required
Contribute to the growth of businesses by applying strong business analytics to ignite smart sustainable business planning, increase economic sustainability, and achieve social impact. Organizing and providing a tailor-made package of support to the companies is part of the job.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- BAE will be a critical member of Truvalu’s investment team and will support other members of the team, primarily but not exclusively through financial analysis;
- Provide initial investment review and screening of prospective investment opportunities for the firm as well as tracking of the firm’s investment pipeline;
- Conduct regular meetings/telephonic conversations with entrepreneurs, and traveling periodically for site visits;
- Collect SME specific information for preparation, drafting, and writing of Business Case Memorandum for use by Investment Officer;
- Collate detailed, up-to-date information about particular industries and the Bangladesh economy;
- Analyze financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organization is positioned to deliver for fund investors;
- Perform extensive financial modeling including sensitivity analysis to support potential investment opportunities;
- Provide financial evaluation of prospective investment opportunities including review of investee documents such as audit/unaudited financial statements, legal and financial due diligence report, financing agreements, land purchase and rental agreements, incorporation documents such as company MoA and AoA, amended company AoA, and other such relevant documents;
- Assist in preparation and presentation of Business Case Financial Model and Investment Recommendation to the Truvalu’s Investment Officer;
- Provide ongoing monitoring of assets with the firm’s portfolios including review of quarterly performance and impact results;
- Meet with entrepreneurs, business partners, financial institutions and consultants on matters related to the financial performance of projects and investments;
- Establish and maintain relationship with industry, trade and professional organizations to enhance visibility of the firm and its portfolio companies in the marketplace;
- Develope investee specific business development services in areas including but not limited to marketing, governance;
- Assist the BDM in conducting training programs for SME entrepreneurs.
- Commit to basic value of social impact creation of Truvalu and adhere to organizational culture and overall mission of Truvalu.enterprises Limited;
- Hard working, creative, energetic, pro-active with leadership skills;
- Have strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and conversant with financial modeling;
- Investment banking background highly preferred. Previous private equity experience will be a plus;
- Minimum 2- 3 years of relevant work experience preferred. Age Limit 30;
- Able to attract investors and partners and have strong network capabilities;
- Know-how in agribusiness and SMEs will be preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English is a must;
- Comfortable with traveling on short notice to different districts across Bangladesh;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably with a background in finance, economics, or business administration. Pursuance or completion of professional degrees like CFA/CAIA will be a plus.
Interested applicants are requested to drop their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org within March 06, 2019.
We thank all applicants however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Truvalu.enterprises Limited is an equal opportunity employer.