Position: Business Acceleration Expert (BAE) – Finance & Operations
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Level: Junior level
- The Company: Truvalu.enterprises Limited is a Netherlands based impact-investment company engaged in developing SMEs through equity investment and advisory services. ICCO Cooperation – the Dutch NGO is the investor, shareholder and implementation partner of Truvalu globally. Through a tailor-made set of investments and business development services, these companies are grown to full business maturity to increase overall social impact. The unique `Co-entrepreneurship` model will strive to improve economic viability of SMEs through technical assistance, training, and the use of financial services.
- The Role: The BAE – Finance & Operations will be responsible for overall financial, accounting, operational and administrative matters in Truvalu Bangladesh.
Job Description / Job Responsibility
Financial Management and Accounting:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Statements in compliance with Companies Act, BFRS, BAS, and other applicable regulations and facilitating the annual audit process.
- Present financial statements to Global Office (Netherlands) and reply to queries and clarifications from Global Financial Controller.
- Preparation of annual budget and forecasts.
- Financial due diligence of portfolio / investee companies and aiding the investee companies in establishing an efficient accounting system.
Bank Relationship Management:
- Day to day dealing with the bank, Collect bank statement and prepare monthly bank reconciliation report.
- Keeping a track of cash flow on daily basis, maintain cash book and manage petty cash.
- Preparation of FDI report and handing it over to bank for onward submission to Bangladesh Bank.
- Maintain cheque register, cheque book and collect cash from the bank.
- Submission of VAT and Tax Challan copies to bank.
- Effectively coordinate with the bank for timely receipt/ payment of inward and outward remittances.
- Data posting, data verification, preparing the vouchers and filing and retention of all transaction records.
- Maintain advance register and ensure timely adjustment of advance to team members.
- Prepare weekly expense summary report and submit to Managing Director.
- Collection of quotations, comparative analysis, issuing work order and taking delivery.
- Processing of vendor payments and Payroll processing.
- Process and manage transactions with ICCO Cooperation and Global Office.
- Daily petty cash maintenance, reconciliation and cash management.
VAT and Tax:
- Calculation of VAT and Tax payables in compliance with VAT and Tax laws of Bangladesh.
- Maintaining separate VAT and Tax registers.
- Timely payment of VAT and Taxes and keeping VAT and Tax documents up to date.
Donor Reporting and Proposal Development
- Preparation and submission of Milestone Completion Report to Donor after each Milestone period.
- Monitoring donor budget and recording expenses against donor budget.
- Assist the team in developing donor proposals.
- Ensure that the financial management and operational procedures are in place in line with Truvalu Policies.
- Maintaining staffs leave record, personal files and other administrative files.
- Manage Fixed Asset register and maintain inventory of supplies and stationary.
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin, HR and Communication Personnel of ICCO Cooperation to ensure smooth operational procedures and compliance with the Service Level Agreement.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Job Nature: Full-time
- Commit to basic value of social impact creation of Truvalu and adhere to organizational culture and overall mission of Truvalu Bangladesh.
- Masters degree in accounting/ business/ finance from a reputed university with professional accounting qualification (CA/ACCA/CIMA). Partly completed accounting qualification will be considered.
- At least 2-3 years experience in finance, accounting and company secretarial services.
- Should have understanding of Accounting Standards, Companies Act, RJSC Regulations, Tax and VAT laws.
- Should be conversant with Accounting Software such as Tally/Quickbooks and MS Office and Google Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Should have strong attention to details, excellent analytical skills and a problem-solving approach and must be conversant with financial modeling.
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect and must be a team player.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work under challenging circumstances.
Job Location: Will be based in Dhaka but travelling outside Dhaka will be required.
Salary Range: Competitive salary package will be offered depending on education and experience.
Please submit your application details with three pages CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .The subject line should be “Business Acceleration Expert (BAE) – Finance & Operations”
Only shortlisted candidate will be notified for the interview.
Truvalu.enterprises Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2018