Be a proud member of TESCO.
Tesco is one of the world's leading retailers, a company with over 90 years of success stories in the world market. We are now the market leader in the UK with global business revenues of over £60 billion.
Tesco International Sourcing in Bangladesh is going to recruit a Fabric Technologist to support the expansion and growth in the market.
Position: Fabric Technologist
- To manage the fabric and colour approval for a category from a designated set of suppliers’ factories, starting from the design concept to the stage when the garment is ready for production
- Evaluating fabrics and colour and ensuring they are tested and approved so they meet Tesco’s quality, performance, safety and legal requirements
- Inducting suppliers on Tesco’s testing requirements and quality standards
- Implementing Tesco testing and colour process and requirement at every stage of product development
- Resolving issues/ queries with the country buying teams and suppliers
- Doing risk assessment for all new products to identify potential legal or safety issues and define controls to manage them
- Providing support to the members of the Technical department
- B.Sc in Textile Engineering
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in sourcing and buying environment, with
- Experience in both knit and woven
- Good knowledge of testing, color matching, and fabric quality
- Excellent communication skills, both in Bangla and English
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
If you meet all the above requirements and feel you are the right candidate for the position, please apply with a CV detailing your personal data along with a recent passport size photograph by 2nd December, 2012 addressed to: Human Resources, Tesco IS Bangladesh, Rangs Arcade, 3rd Floor, 153/A, Gulshan North C/A, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212. Please mark the position on top of the application.
You can also apply online through bdjobs.com.