Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic interventions in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact enables access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation.
Swisscontact is currently undertaking a project preparation mandate for a large M4P project to be implemented in Bangladesh. In connection with this proposed project, Local Agribusiness Network, Capitalisation and Innovation Fund Management unit of Swisscontactis looking for dynamic, independent, sincere and hardworking professionals who have the vision to contribute to the economic growth of Bangladesh.
Senior Business Consultant/ Business Consultant, Innovation Fund Management
Reporting: Head of Local Agribusiness Network, Capitalisation& Innovation Fund Management (IFM)
Number of Vacancies: 01
Work Experience: 2-3 years of work experience in grants management is preferred
Major functions and responsibilities:
- Establish robust and transparent guidelines to implement “Innovation Fund Management (IFM)” strategies of Swisscontact
- Assist sector teams in selecting appropriate delivery mechanism
- Contribute developing requests for concept notes, evaluating the concept notes, and elaborating proposals and contracts for partnership grants
- systems strengthening and grant management
- Supervise and coordinate the work of and maintain relationship with grantees.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and communication materials for the project
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities
- Capture learning from the interventions and apply them for developing/improving strategies
Academic Qualification and Competencies:
- Preferably Business or Social science graduate from a reputed university. However people from other disciplines with strong analytical skill and creative ingenuity are also encouraged to apply. Candidates having Master’s degree in the relevant field will get preference
- Capable of preparing good quality procedures, regulations, reports and other material relevant to partnership grants
Attractive compensation and benefit package will be offered to the deserving candidate.
Please send your resume using the template available on the website http://www.katalyst.com.bd/abtus_cVacancies.php along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies that you think make you a suitable candidate for the position) and names of 2 referees (previous employer/ non-relative).
Applications should reach, Human Resources, Swisscontact (Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation), House #20, Road #6, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212 by 4:30 P.M., 15 February, 2014. Please mention Innovation Fund Managementand position on top of the envelope.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for assessment.
Any persuasion from the candidate’s end to influence the recruitment process will result in cancellation of his/her candidature.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer.