Ipas is an international NGO with a mission of reducing maternal deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion and improving women’s reproductive health and rights. Founded in 1973, Ipas has offices in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The international headquarter of Ipas is based in North Carolina, USA. In Asia, Ipas has program in India, Nepal and Pakistan. In May 2011, Ipas has set up its office in Bangladesh and started working in Prevention of Maternal Death Due to Unwanted Pregnancy project.
Ipas is seeking hardworking, sincere and cheerful individual to join Ipas team in following position:
Community Access Associate (01 position based at Country Office – Dhaka)
The Community Access (CX) Associate is part of the Ipas Bangladesh Team and reports to Country Manager. The CX Associate works in partnership with In-Country Team (ICT) members and Regional Support Team (RST) members in accordance with global Ipas guidance and quality standards to ensure implementation and monitoring of planned community access activities.
The CX Associate works to develop and plan community access activities with support from his/her RST counterpart. The CX Associate ensures use of Ipas’s most up-to-date systems for tracking community access activities and outcomes; provides regular review of monitoring data to understand program progress and inform programmatic changes if/as necessary. The CX Associate writes and reports, as needed, on the country community access activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops annual and multi-year community access strategies to increase married and unmarried women’s knowledge, skills and ability to access safe menstrual regulation and prevent unwanted pregnancy
- Designs community access strategies and implementation plans that advance national program goals and global strategic plan
- Ensures that women-centered perspectives inform all areas of Ipas-Bangladesh’s work
- Uses and advances participatory methodologies to achieve program goals
Project Management & Implementation:
- Implements community access activities and manages implementing partners in accordance with predetermined timelines and budgets
- Supports the implementation of community access monitoring and evaluation activities based on of Ipas’ most up-to-date systems for tracking community access activities and outcomes
- Reviews quarterly monitoring results to track progress in achieving targets; identifies gaps in performance and develops needed improvements
- Ensures entry of community access activities into Ipas reporting systems
Writing, Reporting & Presenting:
- Participates in donor processes including report/proposal writing
- Works with appropriate staff to develop and write other activity reports
- Summarizes and presents technical activities and results with internal and external audiences
- A master’s degree in public health, communications, population science, international studies or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and implementing community strategies and working with community organizations on issues of gender and health
- Strong group facilitation and training skills grounded in participatory methodologies and awareness of group and societal power dynamics
- Experience in developing communications materials (IEC, IPC, BCC) and strategies for audiences of varying literacy rates;
- Ability to communicate effectively, build trust and coordinate activities with a variety of partners including grassroots community members, medical professionals, government officials and international donors
- Experience in using monitoring and evaluation and applying research results to community interventions
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate information to both internal and external audiences
- Experience with donor processes including report/proposal writing
- Ability and comfort communicating in both Bangla and English
- Demonstrated computer experience in Microsoft word and Excel.
Monthly salary: BDT 100,000 – 120,000
To apply, please send your CV with photo, photocopies of certificates and a covering letter to:
Eureka Saleha Palace (Flat-C2), House -2F 1-3, Mymensingh Road,
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy. The deadline for receiving application is 10 November 2012.