icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Manager, Development with the Communications & Development under the Office of the Executive Director. The appointment will be made on a fixed-term basis for 2 years, which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station – Dhaka
Salary – Annual Tk.1,821,500/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances with other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities – 14.8% retirement fund contribution by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, medical facilities for dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Subsidized transport and daycare facilities subject to availability.
- Strategy Development :Understand SP2020 objectives relate to Communications and Development; Derive implications for Development as a function; Devise the Development strategy with team and synergies within the development activities; Identify key objectives and focus areas (e.g. fund-raising); Create tactical plans with team; Establish functional score card and review mechanisms; Cascade goals and assign responsibilities to team; Review implementation against plan periodically in order to develop an effective road-map for Development function;
- Planning & Budgeting : Prepare Development budget for financial and non-financial activities (e.g. events, visits, entertainment budget) with Office Manager; Submit planned budget to supervisor for approval; Oversee expenditure versus budget and procurement activities; Review expense reports for accuracy; Re-allocate budgets with Office Manager, if required; Analyze and escalate deviations for evaluation in order to plan and monitor budget spent on various activities in the Development unit;
- Fund Raising: Identify areas within icddr,b which require unrestricted funding (from e.g CSR initiatives for e.g. humanitarian services and/or construction project); Conduct research and leverage networks independently to identify potential prospects (such as corporations, foundations and bilateral donors); Submit list to supervisor for his inputs and approval; Share list of prospects with scientists if required; Prepare strategy for establishing partnerships with prospects in collaboration with supervisor; Coordinate and provide inputs in initial meetings with prospects; Prepare proposals for prospects and submit them to supervisor for approval; Contact prospective donors independently and negotiate to protect core fund situation; Provide inputs for finalizing the scope of funding if required in order to provide support in raising funds for non-research activities of icddr,b;
- Relationship Management: Prepare reports required by existing contracts with bilateral donors and private sector partners; Identify ways to strengthen relationship with bilateral donors and private sector partners by improving flow of information; Conduct horizon scanning and development analysis; Invite bilateral donors and private sector associations for various events / visits at icddr,b and coordinate logistics; Travel abroad to leverage institutional funds for icddr,b; Inform bilateral donors and private sector partners with updates on icddr,b and clarify apprehensions on any unusual occurrences, if any; Interact with scientific community in order to check if all deliverables are submitted on time; Receive queries from bilateral donors and private sector partners and resolve them in order to build and maintain relationship with bilateral donors and private sector partners;
- Institutional Development: Implement icddr,b's global positioning strategy; Identify affiliates, memberships, social platforms, certification agencies and awards which will benefit icddr,b and enhance it's brand; Prepare collaterals (such as reports and company information) required for first time contract / contract renewal / contract extension; Interact with affiliates on a day to day basis and resolve their queries; Provide support for knowledge sharing by organizing research trainings and coordinating logistics for the same in order to strengthen iccdr,b brand globally;
- People Management: Conduct technical and behavioral interviews, shortlist candidates and recommend final hires; Identify, prioritize and deploy action items for competency development of team members; Cascade department goals to individuals and allocate resources; Distribute work among team members; Set target and appraise performance; Provide developmental feedback; Identify, develop and reward high performers in team in order to build a high performing team.