Heifer International Bangladesh is an International Development Organization dedicated to working with communities to end hunger and poverty and care for the earth by providing livestock, education and other resources to help poor families become self-reliant. Heifer International Bangladesh is looking a dynamic and qualified candidate as Training Manager for its Country Program Office in Dhaka.
||Asia/South Pacific Program
To assist the Heifer Bangladesh office in the design and implementation of training programs for project partners, farmers and Heifer Bangladesh staff in accordance with Heifer objectives, policies and procedures.
- Identify, design, implement and follow-up on Heifer Bangladesh training programs
- Prepare training modules/manuals, and related training materials
- Organize various trainings/workshops such as Heifer Cornerstones, PSRP, Gender and Justice, Animal Husbandry, Animal Health, Group Management, VBLP, Personal Leadership Development and Disaster Management for Heifer Bangladesh staff and project partners
- Assist in the preparation of an annual training plan and budget and track and assess implementation of the training plan
- Help to design and develop job-related human resources trainings and professional trainings for Heifer Bangladesh staff based on their training applications
- Contract with outside training organizations and channel pertinent training information to personnel
- Develop a trainers’ pool for different Heifer related training from different sources including PPs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Be familiar with Heifer Bangladesh and the work of other development organizations in the country in order to develop good working relationships with them
- Facilitate project partners to set up various training modules and train them in their use and provide follow-up services to these training programs
- Collect training and extension materials produced by other organizations to be utilized for Heifer Bangladesh projects
- Provide backstopping services to field staff and partner organizations in conducting trainings, farmer's field trips, exchange visits, study tours, etc.
- Serve as a team motivator in the Heifer Bangladesh team
- Seek continued growth in the knowledge of Heifer International programs and issues of hunger and poverty
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
Education and/or Experience:
A Master’s or equivalent degree in development studies, animal husbandry/veterinary medicine, agriculture, social science, education or a related field is required, plus a minimum of three years of experience. Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in conducting trainings
- Knowledge of different training topics such as gender, documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with or within community development organizations
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Interest in animal agriculture/community development
- Understand the importance of traditional customs of the various ethnic groups and be familiar with their lifestyles
- Basic understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and the environment
- Experience in participatory training methodology, preferably with an NGO/INGO
- Outstanding communication skills; good at writing and making speeches
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail software (Microsoft preferred)
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is BDT 750,959 to BDT 938,699 per annum. Other benefits apply as per Heifer policies and procedures and local laws.
If you feel, you are a qualified candidate please download the job application form and submit the form with required information to email@example.com with an updated CV, one scan copy of passport size photo along with a Cover Letter address to Country Director, Heifer International Bangladesh on or before April 28, 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.