The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Bangladesh is looking for a suitable candidate for the following position for its project “MTF/BGD/052/RBK: Linking School Milk with Smallholder Dairy Development in Tala, Satkhira” to be filled as soon as possible
Dairy Technician and Project Coordinator
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, technical guidance from the Lead Technical Officer in FAO Regional Office in Bangkok and the operational guidance of the Operations Coordinator in Bangladesh, the consultant will be responsible for the:
- Day to day running and field level coordination of the project;
- Assist / develop work plan for project implementation;
- Asses the training requirement; prepare the list of trainees and the training modules in consultation with School Milk Project Implementation Committee and Milk Vita;
- Prepare outline lesson plans and a training calendar for the training programme;
- Assist the setting up of Milk processing unit at Milk Vita premises at Satkhira;
- Monitor the hygienic milk collection, processing and packaging;
- Liaise with the selected primary schools for proper distribution of Milk among the students;
- Follow up of the disposal of empty sachet, to ensure safe environment;
- Ensure adequate and regular data collection, analysis and reporting on milk quality parameters, nutritional indicators and periodic progress of the pilot
- Ensure proper services from field personnel;
- Maintain good liaison with School Milk Management Committee, School Milk Project Implementation Committee and School Management Committees of participating schools, FAO office in Dhaka, Technical Officer in RAP , the dairy cooperative at Tala, Satkhira;
- Post Graduate on Dairy science/ animal Husbandry or related subject . Working knowledge of written and spoken in English.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the field is required.
Duration: 06 months (extendable)
Duty Station: Satkhira
All applicants will send their Personal Profile Form (PPF) to the following address: FAOBD-Vacancies@fao.org only by close of business on 13 July 2013. PPF is available to this link: http://www.fao.org/employment/en/
Applications from qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Subject must refer “Application for the position of Dairy Technician and Project Coordinator”
Application not submitted through the filled PPF will be discarded. Please do not submit any certificates/documents with your application.
Candidates not possessing the essential qualifications should not apply as their application will not be considered.
Any persuasion will disqualify the candidate; only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview.