Position: Finance Assistant
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser, FAO Food Safety Project, the incumbent will assist in monitoring and reporting on all administrative and financial aspects of the project activities.
The specific tasks to be carried out by the incumbent are:
- Assist in the maintenance of up-to-date accurate financial records of all disbursements and receipts related to the project
- Support the Administrative and Finance Specialist in ensuring the accuracy of the project’s shadow budget and update the status regularly;
- Update the Cash Advance (CA) status and maintain operational cash accounts
- Prepare payment requests and track status of all payments status against FAO’s commitments, i.e. Letters of Agreement, contracts, Purchase Orders etc;
- Verify accuracy and processing of claims in line with general conformance with administrative rules and available commitments.
- S/he will examine and process a variety of payment/reimbursement/ disbursement vouchers;
- Ensure accuracy of coding in line with FAO regulation/chart of accounts, clear supporting documentation, report any admin or financial discrepancies
- Operate and report on the petty cash expenses to support day-to-day operation
- Any other tasks are assigned by the Supervisor.
Graduate, preferably with a University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a relevant field. Complemented with training in business administration and/or accountancy qualification with computer literacy. Practical experience in the field of general administration and accounting, procurement; knowledge of UN or international procurement principles, procedures and practices is essential. Fluency in English (level C) and Bangla (written and spoken). Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task and to maintain good working relationships with people of different nationalities and from different cultural backgrounds.
Duty Station: Dhaka
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
All applicants will send PH-Form (Click to Download form) to the following address: FAOBD-Vacancies@fao.org only by close of business on 07 July 2013.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Subject must refer “Application for the position of Finance Assistant”
Application not submitted through the filled PHF will be discarded. Please do not submit any certificates/documents with your application.
Candidates not possessing the essential qualifications should not apply as their application will not be considered.
Any persuasion will disqualify the candidate; only short listed candidates will be invited for the interview.