The Program in International and Community Nutrition at the University of California, Davis is seeking a qualified Independent Contractor to provide the following services for the Rang-Din Nutrition Study (RDNS), a research project to improve maternal and young child nutrition in northwest Bangladesh. The project is a collaborative effort between UC Davis, ICDDR,B and LAMB, with funding from FANTA-III (managed by FHI360, funded by USAID).
Research Quality Assurance Consultant
Services will be provided in Parbatipur, Dinajpur.
Payments will be based on a fixed schedule of services provided.
Contractor will provide the following services:
- Provide expert guidance and information to the quality control team for the RDNS, and develop and periodically revise the RDNS quality control protocol
- Serve as a liaison between RDNS investigators and the field staff on issues related to quality assurance
- Provide training to field workers in basic field research skills and data collection techniques, undertake data quality checks, and based on these checks and other information provide continual structured feedback to data collectors
- Conduct periodic standardization exercises with data collectors
- Provide guidance, monitor and coordinate processes for all forms of data collection
- Provide support in the development of data collection tools and sub-study protocols, as needed
- Review and contribute to RDNS reports
- Carry out periodic examination of RDNS data, when assigned, and provide feed-back to RDNS investigators
- Other services as needed to ensure high-quality implementation of the RDNS
Contractor must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Training equivalent to MBBS with advanced degree in public health (MPH); training in health economics will be considered as an added qualification
- Minimum 5 years working/contracting experience including experience in research activities; experience in maternal, neonatal and child health implementation or research projects preferred
- Proficient in both English and Bangla (oral and written) and translating text between the two languages
- Prior supervisory experience in conducting quality control activities of community-based research is desired
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Excel, and email applications
- Knowledge of statistical software such as SPSS, SAS or STATA
- Experience in training data collectors and supervising data collection in rural settings
- Good knowledge of health and nutrition programs in Bangladesh
- Skills/experience developing and pre-testing data collection instruments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, supervision and negotiation skills, as well as careful attention to detail
- Willingness to live in Parbatipur
The contract will be made on a fixed-term basis for a 1 year period and can be terminated at any time. An extension may be granted upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Interested parties who possess the requirements to provide these services should submit a Letter of Interest, including all applicable education and experience that qualifies you, a CV or resume, and any educational transcripts to:
Kathryn Dewey, PhD, Professor, Program in International and Community Nutrition, University of California, Davis; email@example.com
With copy to:
Malay Kanti Mridha, MBBS, MSc (Nutrition), MSc (Health Economics), MPH; firstname.lastname@example.org