To build a credible and effective Research and Policy Influence Unit, Community Legal Services Project offers a strong career opportunity in research and seeking application for the positions of Research & Policy Influence Strategic Adviser.
Research & Policy Influence Strategic Adviser
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job Description / Responsibility
The overall Impact of the programme is to increase access to justice and legal rights/ entitlements of the poor and vulnerable in Bangladesh that potentially improves their quality of life. In order to achieve this purpose, there are four main outputs to the programme: 1) increased access to effective community legal services for the poorest and most disadvantaged groups; 2) Increased advocacy by grant partners to promote citizen participation and influence on the formal justice system; 3) evidence based research in support of CLS; and 4) Increased capacity of grant partners to deliver effective CLS, advocacy and research, and to promote lesson learning, knowledge management, and coordination within the justice sector.
The Research & Policy Influence Strategic Adviser is responsible for specific activities and deliverables relating to Output 3 (evidence based research). More specifically, the Research and Policy Influence Strategic Adviser shall be primarily responsible for providing strategic advice on research concerns of the project and the review of concept notes and proposals for funding. This primary responsibility shall include, but shall not be limited, to the following:
- The maintenance and proliferation of the knowledge library of the CLS (please see website www.communitylegalservice.org)
- The management of the perception surveys that will inform CLS on the status and progress of the Impact Indicator on satisfaction of communities with justice services and the Outcome Indicator on legal empowerment of the marginalized communities.
- The creation of a network of academics and researchers that will support CLS.
- The oversight over research proposals emanating from the grantees and how they add value to the CLS objectives and deliverables;
- The oversight over research proposals as included in the proactive grants agenda.
- Regular contributions to the quarterly and annual reports, as well as attendance in team meetings and contributions to team decisions;
- Participation in the review of project concept notes and project proposals as part of the Project Evaluation Panel (PEP)
If you need to know more information please visit
S/he should have a minimum of Masters degree in the field of law, sociology, anthropology, development studies or any related social science discipline.
5 years and above
The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Data Analysis, Documentation, Project Management/ Co-coordinator, Report Writing, Research Design/Analysis, Research Support. The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s): Consulting Firms, Development Agencies, Government Organizations, Market Research Firms, NGOs, Research Organization
Additional Job Requirements
The researcher should have proven experience in research and Knowledge management and equipped with excellent, demonstrated Writing skills in both English and Bangla. S\he must have proven Computer skills and must be well-versed in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, etc.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 05 June, 2013
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply