Designation - Grants Manager
The Grants Manager will provide strategic direction and coordinate CTFK’s advocacy efforts at the subnational level in support of tobacco control policy change. S/he will also serve as a direct contact for CTFK with the divisional and municipal governments as appropriate. S/he will help facilitate development and implementation of a comprehensive tobacco control strategy at the subnational level by working closely with local partners involved in tobacco control.
The ideal candidate will have a record of strong leadership skills and have experience in conceptualizing and implementing a policy change campaign. S/he will have knowledge of the Bangladesh government processes and ideally a background in public health; proven ability to work in partnership with others; strong project/program management skills and demonstrated ability in managing multi-locational teams. S/he should have experience in dealing with government and political leadership. This is a full time position and will be based in Dhaka but will require travel to subnational partners – the position will work in close coordination with CTFK Country Director/Lead Consultant.
The Grants Manager will perform, the following major tasks, but not limited to, and report to the Director, CTFK South Asia Programs:
- Coordinate subnational partner activities to fulfill their program deliverables;
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to subnational partners for advocacy activities for raising taxes, implementation of national law in their jurisdictions;
- Coordinate and support concerted action for tobacco control at the subnational level by means of research and advocacy and sharing best practices from other areas;
- Undertake regular field visits to the subnational partners for guiding them in carrying out their project activities;
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing partners and stakeholders;
- Identify and map and build relationship with senior bureaucrats, politicians and other stakeholders relevant to tobacco control program in subnational areas, as needed;
- Coordinate with central MOHFW and other ministries for subnational tobacco control priorities;
- Prepare detailed monthly and other reports on progress based on subnational partners’ inputs;
- Identify and work with potential grantees to develop subnational proposals;
- Coordinate with grantees and partners in executing specific projects such as Tobacco Free Cities, RTSL (Resolve to Save Life) AQM and compliance monitoring;
- Work with CTFK legal team on litigation related to subnational implementation efforts;
- Work collaboratively with partners in the Bloomberg Initiative and their national and sub-national partners;
- Work in close coordination and collaboration with members of the CTFK Bangladesh team and Washington D.C. based team for developing and execution of subnational level work and
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the TFK Director South Asia Programs and Country Director/Lead Consultant in Bangladesh.
- Minimum 10 years related policy advocacy and management experience;
- Strong understanding of government processes especially at the national level;
- Master’s degree in public health, management, law or related field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bangla;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects and deadlines and
- Interest in public health, commitment to public interest work, and international experience a plus.