Designation - Digital Campaign Coordinator
The Digital Campaign Coordinator will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of a digital advocacy campaign geared towards raising awareness and mobilizing support for national and state tobacco control efforts. The position will work with coalition partners and engage in collaborative work on a national and state level, with monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the campaign to external parties.
The goal for this campaign in Bangladesh is to build awareness about the health harms of tobacco to strengthen advocacy for adoption and implementation of comprehensive tobacco control policies at the national, divisional and city level.
The position is based in Dhaka and will report to the Director of South Asia Programs at CTFK.
NATURE OF JOB: Full-time / Contractual
- Development of digital advocacy strategy to identify target audiences, platforms and tactics to integrate with overall campaign objectives
- Build and manage the organization’s social media profiles and online presence including, but not restricted to Facebook and Twitter.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders on the campaign and produce a nuanced and effective digital campaign strategy.
- Create and manage a national campaign identity online on as many channels as are deemed suitable for the campaign
- Create monthly content calendars and solicit feedback from key stakeholders prior to publishing.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
- Listen to and engage in relevant social discussions about anti-tobacco organizations, the oppositions, as well the campaign.
- Run regular social media events to engage people in discussion about the campaign and the issue of tobacco control such as Twitter Chats, Facebook Live, etc.
- Work alongside other team members and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains target audience.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach targeted advocates.
Job location: Dhaka
- A strong understanding of how to use social media to not only raise awareness, but also mobilize targeted audiences to express opinion or take actions.
- Experience in using digital communications channels in a political or issue-advocacy policy setting.
- The ability to transfer this knowledge to the local NGO partners who may have limited experience with digital advocacy campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop robust tracking and measurement programs to establish goals, test/optimize tactics, and monitor progress.
- Expertise in developing and implementing rapid response programs in social media and collecting petition signatures online for a campaign.
- Experience in working with coalition or alliance settings engaging multiple stakeholders who need to execute a consistent, unified campaign.
- B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five to seven years plus of experience managing social media accounts for a brand or organization.
- A strong understanding of issue advocacy and how to influence the public policy development process.
- Understands how to utilize online tools to build and mobilize communities to achieve public policy objectives.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in Facebook, website, YouTube, and Twitter analytics and social listening tools.
- Ideally, experience and skills include graphic design, blogging, and community outreach.