No. of Vacancies: 3
- You would be a central part of our core developer team to help develop our new platform for web and mobile. We expect our seniors to show direction in choice of technology and application architecture. A vital part of a team`s success is that everyone contributes, meaning that we all have something to learn from and share with each other.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with, and learn from, some very talented senior developers in Bangladesh and Norway, many whom are authorities in their field.
- We encourage and expect our developers to contribute back to the open source community. We appreciate developers who have created and maintained open source projects, or supplied patches to others.
Who are you?
We would be very interested to meet you if you:
- know more than one programming language
- know at least one dynamic language (Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, etc)
- have strong passion and interest for web and new technologies
- love for perfecting products and services
- have startup experience or used to tight deadlines and quick moves
- have good command of the English language
- have at least 3 years experience doing software development on a daily basis (web applications, databases, distributed systems)
- contribute to open source (like a github or bitbucket account with some repos, a CPAN profile page or some references)
- The positions reports to the CTO
Educational Requirements: Relevant Master or Bachelor Degree
Additional Job Requirements:
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Technology and how we work
- We like OOP (Object Oriented Programming), TDD (Test Driven Development) and MVC (Model, View, Controller). We`re also big fans of Agile Methods. We try to keep it lightweight, while still providing the security we need. We focus on improving ourselves and are always open to change and new ideas.
- Our main language is Perl, but it is not a pre-requisite for applying. If you are a good developer we will teach you Perl. Some of the technologies we currently use and investigate are:
- Xapian and ElasticSearch
- Postgresql, MySQL and MongoDB
- PhantomJS, Selenium
- Perl: Moose, Catalyst, Mojolicious, DBIx::Class ++
- When working with us, you will also quickly come across mobile development, API design, scalability, HTML5, CSS3, cache optimization, SEO and cloud hosting issues as well, all meaningful stuff to learn.
Salary Range: TK.50000 - 200000
- Cellbazaar.com is one of the first web enterprises in Bangladesh, an award winning and most trusted online marketplace to buy and sell stuff. With our new owner, the Telenor Group, we are rapidly powering up our organization, our service and our technology. We offer attractive compensation, a bold vision, the latest gadgets to work on and interesting challenges
- We give you the chance to enjoy the spirit and agility of a fresh startup with the muscle of a big company. We are basically starting with clean sheets, our mission to accelerate the company’s growth by building a world-class consumer Internet product. One thing for sure, we will encourage it`s developers to attend, speak at, and organize conferences, camps and community meet-ups.
Job Location: Dhaka
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline: February 25, 2013