Position: Principal Manager (Finance) - Administration, Finance, Accounts, Audit and Logistics Division
The Center for Environmental and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS) is a public trust and a multi-disciplined organization under the Ministry of Water Resources, GoB which was established in May 2002. It is a scientifically independent organization and provides advisory services on integrated environmental and social studies using state-of-the-art technologies like Geographic Information System (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS), Information Technology (IT), modelling and so on. It provides solution to issues and problems in a wide range of sectors such as water, land, ecology, agriculture, meteorology, forestry, fisheries, morphology, socio-economy, power, transportation and disasters. CEGIS works in Bangladesh and internationally both independently and in close collaboration with the government and non-government organizations (NGOs) of the country, development partners as well as regional and international agencies.
CEGIS is looking for a Principal Manager for its Administration, Finance, Accounts, Audit and Logistics Division. Interested dynamic and energetic candidates having the following qualifications and experience can apply in prescribed manner as stated below:
Minimum Masters in Business Administration/ Accounts/ Finance/ Marketing/ Management and other relevant disciplines from a reputed University.
Minimum 15 years of total experience including 8 years in the relevant fields (as stated in “Competencies” and “Responsibilities” sections below).
Age: Up to 45 years
- Having good track record of financial management having managerial capacity in reputed organization (s) in Bangladesh;
- Having excellent analytical skills in preparation of budgets, financial reports and audit reports;
- Having proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Having proven skill of team building in relevant fields and also liaising with multidisciplinary teams in the context of diverse disciplines;
- Having good knowledge in IT including financial management software (such as ERP) will be an added advantage.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements;
- Keep track of the project expenditures, including professional cost in HRP (a subsystem of ERP of CEGIS) in line with the project budget by heads and notify the respective Project Leaders/ Team Leaders/ CEGIS management about budget and expenditure variances;
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and keep all the finance and accounts books up-to-date;
- Maintain banking relationships;
- Monitoring, interpreting and analyzing cash flow data, cash harnessing and predicting future trends and accordingly advise and assist the CEGIS management in formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
- Manage a pool of team of finance and accounting, administration and logistics professionals and coordinate with the management and other relevant professional to provide optimized support and services;
- Ensure legal compliances;
- Monitor optimal logistics support services;
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to apply via email to email@example.com on or before the deadline attaching a covering letter stating his/her motivation, an updated CV, a recent photograph and any other relevant documents such as research paper/ reports showing examples of the past works.
In the e-mail subject, please mention “Administration, Finance, Accounts, Audit and Logistics”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and they will undergo competitive written exam and oral interview. Please note that any direct or indirect attempt to unduly influence the selection process will be regarded as disqualification of the applicant.
For any further information, please visit our website: www.cegisbd.com
- Handsome salary package with medical, transport, ICT allowances, CPF and gratuity benefits.
- Medical and life insurance coverage.
Deadline of submission of the application is November 23, 2016