Position: Principal Specialist - Socio-Economic and Institutional Division (one position)
The Center for Environmental and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS) is a public trust and a multi-disciplined organization under the Ministry of Water Resources, GoB which was established in May 2002. It is a scientifically independent organization and provides advisory services on integrated environmental and social studies using state-of-the-art technologies like Geographic Information System (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS), Information Technology (IT), modelling and so on. It provides solution to issues and problems in a wide range of sectors such as water, land, ecology, agriculture, meteorology, forestry, fisheries, morphology, socio-economy, power, transportation and disasters. CEGIS works in Bangladesh and internationally both independently and in close collaboration with the government and non-government organizations (NGOs) of the country, development partners as well as regional and international agencies.
CEGIS is looking for a Principal Specialist for its Socio-Economic and Institutional Division. Interested dynamic and energetic candidates having the following qualifications and experience can apply in prescribed manner as stated below:
Masters in Social Science/ Sociology/ Economics/ Anthropology/ Social Work /Social Welfare from a reputed University. PhD in the relevant field will be good advantage.
Minimum 15 years of total working experience including 10 years in the relevant fields (as stated in “Competencies” and “Responsibilities” sections below) and 5 years experience in managing project activities.
Age: Up to 45 years
- Having excellent analytical and writing skills in preparation of reports and technical proposals;
- Having proven skill of team building and coordination of multidisciplinary teams in the context of diverse disciplines;
- Ability to develop and maintain a network with organizations and professional institutes who have been operating in the relevant professional fields;
- Having proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Good track record of project management skills;
- Good track record of maintaining deadlines;
- Having good skill in statistics/ survey data management and analysis software, such as SPSS will be an added advantage;
- Having good knowledge in IT will be beneficial;
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assessment of socio-economic and livelihood patterns due to interventions related to different studies of CEGIS;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of land acquisition and resettlement plan related activities, as part of different studies of CEGIS;
- Participate in EIA-SIA-Environmental/Social Auditing-Monitoring-Evaluation of various development projects;
- Conduct environmental surveys to support Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Social Impact Assessment (SIA) studies;
- Formulate projects/ studies and write project proposals in the field of socio-economic and livelihood;
- Write various reports related to different studies undertaken by the own division and other CEGIS divisions, as assigned by the CEGIS management and also take initiative to keep up and continuously improve quality of the study reports in all aspects;
- Manage a pool of Socio-Economic and Institutional Development professionals team and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams in the context of diverse disciplines;
- Perform appropriate roles in execution of various CEGIS studies in such a way that high quality outputs for various components of the studies including data collection, data analysis, report preparation etc. are achieved through application of the latest techniques and integrating inputs from the study teams.
- Formulate training plans for team members /mid-level/ junior professionals of CEGIS/ other partner agencies and conduct capacity building trainings to disseminate advance knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Design, plan, and undertake field visits as when required for the study;
- Develop and uphold strategic partnership through fine quality communication with potential government and non-government organizations and donor agencies in Bangladesh and beyond in the perspective of interest, credibility and business harnessing of CEGIS;
- Uphold CEGIS’ internal capacity in Socio-economic and institutional development related field;
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline attaching a covering letter stating his/her motivation, an updated CV, a recent photograph and any other relevant documents such as research paper/ reports showing examples of the past works.
In the e-mail subject, please mention “Application for the position of Principal Specialist – Socio-Economic and Institutional Development”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and they will undergo competitive written exam and oral interview. Please note that any direct or indirect attempt to unduly influence the selection process will be regarded as disqualification of the applicant.
For any further information, please visit our website: www.cegisbd.com
- Handsome salary package with medical, transport, ICT allowances, CPF and gratuity benefits.
- Medical and life insurance coverage.
Deadline of submission of the application is November 23, 2016