Center for Environmental and Geographic Information Services (CEGIS) is a public trust and a multi-disciplined organization under the Ministry of Water Resources, which was established in May 2002. It is a scientifically independent organization and provides integrated environmental services using state-of-the-art technologies like Geographic Information System (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS), Information Technology (IT), modelling and so on. It provides solution to issues and problems in a wide ranges of sectors such as water, land, agriculture, metrology, forestry, fisheries, morphology, socio-economy, power, transportation and disasters. CEGIS works both independently and in close collaboration with the government and non-government organizations (NGOs) of the country as well as regional and international agencies. Geographic Information System (GIS) technology is one of the pioneering strength of CEGIS, which it has been innovatively applying to various projects. Customized software applications, tools, web GIS etc. are intensively used and developed by in-house professionals accordingly.
CEGIS is in the process of continuous development of human resources and in need of computer programmers/ GIS developer as per attached qualifications and skills:
Computer Programmer/ GIS Developer
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Geo-Informatics, Civil/ Water Resource/ Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or similar relevant degree from a reputed university. Masters degree in a relevant discipline will be preferred;
- Minimum 4 years experience of ASP.NET programming, C#, XHTML, CSS, XML, and XSL
- Fluent with Classic ASP;
- Fluent with website design and development;
- Experience of PHP 5, MySQL and OOP beneficial;
- Working knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of MS SQL server 2000, 2005, 2008, Oracle 10g / 11g;
- Skilled in database design, business analysis, requirements capturing and technical specification;
- Experience with integrating web design with back-end coding;
- Experience of building and maintaining content management systems;
- Understanding of ArcGIS and ArcGIS programming are beneficial;
- Working knowledge of DOJO and/ or open source web GIS is beneficial;
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues;
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a covering letter and updated CV plus any other relevant documents such as examples of your past works to email@example.com.
Deadline of the application is September 9, 2016
Short listed candidates will undergo written and oral exams.
For any further information, please visit our website: www.cegisbd.com