Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB) is a non-govt. non-political and non-profit voluntary consumer organization was founded in 1978. Primarily started as a social group to protect consumers from commodity adulteration and artificial price-hike it has gradually widened its scope to establish and safeguard consumers’ rights and interests in social, economic, health and environmental issues.
Currently CAB is seeking applications for a project titled ‘IBP on Food Safety Governance’ funded by UKAID and supported by the British Council under PROKAS (Promoting Knowledge and Accountable System) Program. The project focuses on multi-stakeholders engagement for system change and better enforcement of laws and policies for improving food safety regulation in the country.
CAB invites applications from the qualified candidates for the following position:
Post Name - Project Manager - Based in Dhaka with frequent field visit
Number of Vacancy: 01
Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the overall activities including planning, designing and implementation of the project as per project document.
- Design and prepare the plan and implement the project activities in accordance with the organizational plans and donor requirements.
- Ensure the project delivers all desired targets on time and with quality.
- Lead the project team and maintain regular liaison with the donor.
- Responsible for overall implementation of the project activities.
- Lead project implementation as per work plan and the donor requirements.
- Lead in developing strategies working with relevant stakeholders and intervention plans.
- Lead implementation and strategic decision-making based on ground realities.
- Lead the project in facilitation and implementation of the capacity building trainings, seminars, and workshops as per required.
- Develops, coordinates, implements and monitors public programs designed to meet the needs of various groups.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual report.
- Ensure programmatic and financial compliance.
- Perform any other duties as and when necessary.
- Masters degree in Social Science/Agriculture/Animal Husbandry or related disciples with at least 5 years of experience or Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences/Agriculture/Animal Husbandry or related disciples with at least 7 years experience in development sector.
- Should have experience in the areas of Project Management, project coordination , staff supervision, monitoring and evaluation Should have experience in advocacy program at national level for at least 3 years.
- Experience in report writing, capturing learning and case story writing.
- Experience to work on SDG, Right to Food and Government shall be given priority.
- Committed to achieving results in a short time frame and under time pressure.
- Fluency both in writing and speaking English is essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Bangla typing skill is must.
Job Duration: Up to September 2019 with possibility of extension depending upon availability of fund.
Joining Date: Expected to join by November 2018.
Job Location: Dhaka with frequent field visit to project locations.
Monthly Salary: Tk. 80,000-110,000.00 (including income tax) depending upon experience and skill of the incumbent.
Compensation and Other Benefits: Festival bonus, T/A, Mobile Bill.
Interested candidates meeting the requirements and able to join the position immediately should send their applications and updated CVs (maximum 4 pages with contact details of 2 referees, of them one should be from current/recent passed organization) with recent passport size photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to send hardcopies. Only short listed candidates will be communicated for recruitment process. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy.