Position: Microfinance Executive Director; Ref Code: AB181001
Dhaka Division with Implementation areas
The position will require to review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management.
- Leading and Supervising (1.2) - Provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high calibre; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behaviour, gives regular feedback.
- Working with people (2.1) - Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; adapts to the team and builds team spirit.
- Analyzing (4.3) - Analyzes numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (5.3) - Works strategically to realize ADRA’s goals; sets and develops strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of ADRA’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, ADRA.
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks (7.2) Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurized environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives (8.1) Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
- Emotional commitment to the organization's mission
- Strong communication skills
- Proven integrity
- Performance orientation (accomplish and implement tasks, plans, results)
- Of high repute and integrity in business, profession, and the community generally
- Knowledge of the small enterprise development sector and the client community
- Business knowledge and experience
- Banking and financial management knowledge and experience (bankers, accountants, financial analysts)
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- Fluency in English and local language;
- Experience in developing and managing microfinance/microcredit project/institutions;
- Proven integrity;
- Thorough understanding of the operational risk of a financial institution;
- Corporate and financial planning experience;
- Comprehensive understanding of the national legal, tax and regulatory environment;
- Qualified accounting knowledge and experience;
- High level of self-discipline and determination;
- Result-oriented, with the proven ability to implement short -and long-term goals;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, networking and collaboration/negotiation skills;
- Ability to create sound business development plans in line with strategic objectives of the organization and to oversee execution of an institutional strategy through concrete deliverables and timelines;
- Solid professional network in government, banking and/or business community
- Proven ability to recruit, train, mentor effective and motivated staff members and teams;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationship within the diverse organizational structure in order to facilitate feedback and enhance implementation.
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- General Banking, SME Banking, Credit Administration, Cash Management, Credit Risk Analysis, Business/ Product Development, Administration, Branch Management, Brand Management, Actuary (Insurance)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop annual and longer-term plans and budgets, incorporating input from the different departments for approval by the Board of Directors;
- Oversee the implementation of budgets and strategic plans. Produce for review by the Board of Directors, monthly and quarterly financial and narrative reports on activity targets and management accounts;
- Develop strategies to mobilize financial resources for the growth of the MFI; Maintain positive relationships with existing donors and other stakeholders and actively seek new sources of additional funding from these donors;
- Drive organizational performance, both quantitative and qualitative; achieve business plan targets. Cultivate a culture of cooperation and high performance. Establish an effective and competent participatory management style;
- Uphold standards of risk management at all levels and ensure effective supervisory control and management review;
- Coordinate the expansion into new geographic areas, establish new branches and lead the organizational growth;
- Development and control the financial flow scheme;
- Process and policy development: ensure the provision of effective systems, structures, and resources to support the growth of the institution, including a team of well-trained, focused and motivated staff;
- Continuously expand knowledge of the organization's network and improve the methodologies, products, delivery channels to better serve the beneficiaries;
- Maintain a good relationship with the government and ensure compliance with all relevant laws, statutes, and MRA regulations;
- Consolidate the reputation as an organization committed to excellent client services, both internally and externally. Sustain the institution’s social mission and its dedication to financial inclusion.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Application Deadline: October 19th 2018